Unit 3 Work

(P1, P2, P3, P4, P5, M1)

Here is my Campaign Proposal for the City of Culture for Liverpool:

Unit 3 Proposal - I have expanded on this based on feedback given to me via a 'SurveyMonkey' survey sent to a focus group. 

Type of proposal - My proposal is for an audio-visual/ website advertisement for Liverpool focused mainly on fashion and the elements of it in Liverpool. 

Form and Genre - My proposal will be an audio-visual advertisement that will include numerous codes and conventions including text to annotate the point that I'm trying to get across. 

(M2, M3)

My audio-visual campaign will include:

  • Royalty-Free Music - This will help me to avoid any form of legal repercussions as it is free to use music and I cannot be sued for using it without permission. For example, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzPBeLIZDxU - this is royalty-free music and it can be used by anyone without having to pay for it. 
  • Clips that I have filmed - This will also help me avoid any legal repercussions as all footage used will be my own. This will mean that I do not have to credit anybody else (e.g. if I use stock footage I would have to state that and if I used somebody else's footage I would have to get permission and credit them).
  • Possibly a jingle - This would hopefully be catchy so that it gets stuck in the viewers head. A jingle would also fit the general codes and conventions of an advertisement of this nature - (D1) Steve Neale's 'Genre Theory' would imply that a jingle may be beneficial as pieces of a certain genre (e.g. films) should include certain features that are similar so that the audience can easily identify the genre while still including features that are different to keep the audience interested. Certain other fashion advertisement videos/ websites also contain jingles which are easily identifiable so I would need one similar while still having something different (e.g. my footage would be shot in a different style).
Narrative and Synopsis - My audio-visual campaign will be a fashion orientated video that will follow the same path as typical fashion adverts, such as lots of clips to show off the actual clothing with urban backgrounds (such as graffiti) and usually in more recognizable places (e.g. by the Liver building). It may also feature a catchy slogan that will stick and have an impact. 

Content - My video will mainly feature videos to show off the clothes and some text as constant text may disengage the audience as they may not want to read a lot and may want to focus on the clothing. My video will also include a catchy royalty-free song that may attract the viewer's attention and draw them in to focus. 

Target Audience - The target audience will be anybody interested in fashion but mainly focuses on 16-year-old's to 35-year-old's and anybody will a disposable income and people that can afford to spend their money on clothing. 

Recourses and Personnel - I will record my footage using my DSLR Camera as films in good quality and is easy to use and I will use my friends as models of the clothing so that I can film them and show off the clothing. I will also edit the clips and music together using Adobe Premiere Pro.

Distribution and Marketing - This video will be distributed across numerous YouTube videos as advertisements and on many different clothing website stores. 


Gantt Chart
























(M3)

Risk Assessment

Unit Title: Unit 3
Production Title: Liverpool Fashion Culture Awards 2021

Locations
For video/ image-based work - In and around Liverpool city centre (some very recognizable places, e.g. the Liver Building, and more urban places that feature graffiti, e.g. New Bird Skatepark, Zap Graffiti etc.)

Director: Elliot Bowers
Producer: Elliot Bowers
Camera Operators: Elliot Bowers

Hazards
Audience/ Publics - Most footage filmed for video-based work and images taken for image-based work will be recorded/ captured in public.
Access/ Lift - N/A
Lifting Appliance/ Machinery - N/A
Confined Spaces - Some images taken/ clips recorded may be filmed indoors/ smaller spaces so this will have to be taken into consideration before content creation takes place.
Animals - N/A
Derelict buildings/ Dangerous Structures - Some of the content captured may take place in abandoned buildings for the more urban aesthetic - e.g. for the graffiti so this will have to be considered for safety purposes
Machinery - N/A
Gas/ Electricity - Lighting will require electricity
Fire/ Flammable Material - N/A
Glass - N/A
Inexperienced Child/ Performer - N/A
Manual Hadling - N/A
Noise - Clips may be filmed in noisy, public environments but I will more than likely edit the noise out and replace it with royalty-free music 
Physical Exertion - N/A
Heat/ cold - N/A
Vehicles - N/A 
Water - N/A
Weather - Weather in the United Kingdom is unpredictable so I will need to look into weather forecasts to check and make sure the weather is acceptable for the shoot 
Working at heights - N/A
Other: Using a knife/ plastic knife in public - N/A

Location Visit Sheet (Recce)

Unit title: Unit 3
Programme Title: Liverpool Fashion Culture Awards 2021
Date: March 1st 2021
Brief Scene Detail: Filming footage for an advertisement for a clothing retail store
Location Address: In and around Liverpool City Centre

























Access to the location via: Bus, Train, Car, Foot, Bike
Potential filming problems: Security may not want people filming in certain locations
Name & Number of Location Contact: N/A
Viability of Locations: May be very successful and work well

Shooting Script

Unit Title: Unit 3
Production Title: Liverpool Fashion Culture Awards 2021

VISUALS
Shot No.                 Brief Description
1.                             Wide Shot - Two models in front of the Liver building.
2.                             Close Up - Same models, same location, focused on the clothes.
3.                             Extreme Close Up - Focused on the designs of the clothing.
4.                             Wide Shot - Action shot, two models skateboarding.
5.                             Close Up - Same models skating at a different skateboarding spot.
6.                             Close Up - Different model doing parkour, focused on the movement and clothes.
7.                             Wide Shot - Same model doing parkour, focuses on movability. 
8.                             Outro Sequence - Displays website and other features.

(M4) 

All of this will help fit into the client brief as it shows off the clothing in a good manner and in different ways (e.g. designs, comfortability, movability etc.)

Pictures Taken

Certain images from this photoshoot could work well as posters, thumbnails and print advertising when edited as it shows off the clothes and shows that they're not restrictive and people can still freely move in them. This will fit into the brief as the initial idea was to show off different clothing brands and what clothes they make and what they're good for. An example of these images being used would be on my website as well as some others that I've taken. 














(D1)

Logo Design Ideas

These are my first ideas for logos, I created a few as I was brainstorming ideas and decided to go with which one I liked most. 

I then decided which one would fit best and would make the most sense, I was stuck between the 'FASHION IS EVERYWHERE' logo (as this one fits the message behind the idea and would make the most sense to use as it conveys the concept that I'm trying to prove that fashion can truly be everywhere) and the 'LIVERPOOL FASHION CULTURE AWARDS 2021' graffiti bubble styled lettering on the right hand side because that would fit the urban element of my idea. I eventually decided on the 'FASHION IS EVERYWHERE' logo because the idea makes more sense. 

I then took this idea into Photoshop (I decided to use Photoshop as it is what I am most comfortable with as I have used it many times) to create and expand on it and see if it worked well. I found the font that I wanted to use, for this I used a 'Serif' font as it feels more professional and fits into the aesthetic quite nicely, I then decided on a more low-key, not so bright colour for the background as it is more easy to look at for a prolonged period of time. 
I am quite happy with the outcome but there are still some additions that I can do such as different colours as this may attract a younger audience and it will stand out more to a possible passerby if it was a poster. 


My Website

https://08eb33.wixsite.com/culturecampaign - This originally had stock images of fashion related things that I used as it fit that theme well but I then populated the site with images that I have taken which also fit the theme due to feedback that I received. I then changed the pages and added all different clients that are working with 'Liverpool Fashion Culture Awards 2021'. 

https://springwalks.bigcartel.com/ - This is the website I created for my own clothing brand to sell my own products, it is updating and changing on a regular basis as I create more clothing and designs to be added which is at least once a month. 

Comments

  1. Ok good information relating to your media product Elliot. Discuss timing and there may be more than one version as you will doing numerous edits, maybe a questionnaire for feedback to assist you with choices and soundtracks depending on garments advertised too.
    Your gant chart needs to be specific to your product, as I said you were to amend it and add in ares of how you are going to develop your work. Look back at Unit 2 gant charts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Advertising a product

Masthead FX